Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Books to Fangirl about

Taking a break from blogging about my current writing process (this weekend sucked ass and that's all I'll say) so I'm writing now as a reader, I have to say I am SO looking forward to several books coming out in the next several months. So I thought I'd put out there a brief-ish list of books I'm dying to read...


1. Richelle Mead's The Indigo Spell  - February 12, 2013
  • I don't want to say I'm in love with the male lead of this series (the Bloodlines series)...I don't want to say it but I will - I LOVE Adrian Ivashkov. He is a seriously excellent character and, personally, I think one of the top 3 characters that Richelle Mead has ever created. I've read all her stuff and I'm a serious fan. I actually prefer the Bloodlines series over the Vampire Academy series. I was less than satisfied with how Rose (the VA's lead) got her happy ending...I won't say too much in the offchance someone is actually reading this and is thinking about picking up either series. Both series' are good, both are definitely worth picking up...I just prefer the pacing, story, and characters of Bloodlines more.
2. Tammara Weber's Between The Lines #4 (as yet untitled) - Spring/Summer 2013
  • I first read "Easy" by this author and was blown away. Intense subject matter that was honestly and delicately handled. This was my first real foray into the indie publishing market and I think the first time I realized that "GOOD" writers don't have to have official publishing deals. I moved on to her BTL series and I loved each book more and more - the 3rd one "Good for You" was, in my opinion, the best of the bunch (felt more like "Easy" in its tone - it's got some OMG moments, some literal rip-your-heart-out-and-cry moments and some PG-13 steamy moments) and I really love Reid Alexander. The 4th is a continuation of Reid and Dory's story and I have a gut feeling that there will be D-R-A-M-A, based on some foreshadowing hints.
3. Richelle Mead's The Fiery Heart - Fall 2013 
  • Yes, yes I love RM that much. She has THREE books out in 2013 (and I dread to think what that means for 2014...I'm hoping there isn't an RM absence....) and one of those is the 4th Bloodlines book. I am looking forward to this book solely based on the fact that I love this series. Seriously.
4. Richelle Mead's Gameboard of the Gods - June 2013 
  • Don't judge me. And, NO, I'm not a stalker. I just love her writing. This is the first novel of a new adult series - it seems very different from her other adult series so I'm looking forward to reading this one. I'm not 100% sold on the story, just based on the official synopsis, but since I'm such a RM fan, I think I will enjoy the story no matter what.
5. S.C. Stephen's Reckless - 2013 
  • I've read the other 2 books in this trilogy and, while I was seriously angry at Kiera (the female lead) for a good portion of the books, I was also totally invested in Kellan (the male lead). This author has a paranormal series that I haven't read...but it's on my "To Read" List (which is currently at like 100 and growing more each day...le' sigh). Also, just saw on Goodreads that she has another, non-paranormal-y (YES I made that word up - stop judging) book out in 2014 (WHAT?!) called Not A Chance. And yes I have marked that one "To Read" as well. 
6. Jamie McGuire's Walking Disaster - April 2, 2013
  • I sort of love the idea of a story from the opposite POV, which is what this is. It's the story from Beautiful Disaster but told from the male lead's POV.I guess to some readers that may seem lazy, but TRUST it is NOT. You have to completely re-invent the "voice" of the novel - especially when it's first person. You see and hear and think things that may not have been on the surface the first time around. And there was a shit-ton of drama in BD so I'm really anticipating seeing it all from Travis' POV for WD.
7. Wendy Higgins - Sweet Peril - April 2013
  • An EXCELLENT Angel-based series - really cool take on Nephilim, much different from anything else I've read. The male lead....holy friggin crapballs. Trust me....just...I can't....just trust me. The first in this series is Sweet Evil and there was, I believe, WAAAAAY TOO MOTHER-LOVING LONG between books - in reality, it will be about one year. Sweet Evil was published by HarperTeen and there was lots of waiting to see if they would pick up the whole trilogy...um, WHY?!?! Happy ending: they did! Seriously, if you like the whole "star-crossed lovers" thing - read this series - it's got some very interesting twists that makes this more than just an average teen paranormal romance. The 3rd (Sweet Reckoning) is about 1/2 done, per Wendy...if the Publishing Gods are with us, it could be out late this year? Please?
8. Kimberly Knight - Wanted - 2013
  • This is the second in the B&S Series and I am very anxiously awaiting it. The first, Where I Need To Be, is a steamy adult romance. I think we could all use a "Brandon" in our lives...he is serious dreamboat material. And I LOVE that Spencer is a strong gal who is not afraid to ask the tough questions. I'm really looking forward to the continuation of their story....
Ok, I think I've blown your mind enough. These are just some of the authors I'm fangirling on right now...LOTS of good stuff out there...and my list has a mix of indie and pub house authors. 

Enjoy!!

I'm going looking for my muse...she's playing Hide And Seek...

No comments:

Post a Comment